The Palace is open week days from 10.00 - 16.00
Saturday, Sunday from 10.00 - 18.00
The Mežotne Palace - The Pearl of The Latvian Classicism
Over a thousand years ago Mežotne used to be an ancient Semigallian stronghold.
The history of the Mežotne estate dates back to Duke Jacob's time - the middle of 17thcentury.
About The Mežotne Palace
Prehistory of this palace
70 km from Riga lies one of the most outstanding classicism buildings in Latvia- the Mežotne palace which was presented by the Russian Empress Catherine II to the governess of her grandchildren , the princess Charlotte von Lieven. The palace was built from 1797 to 1802 and recently renovated in 2001.
The most magnificent part of the palace is the Dome Hall, which is reminiscent of the Roman Pantheon. A 4 star hotel is one the third floor of the palace. It features elegant rooms furnished in 19th century style- „Sleeping Beauty”, „Rose Room”, „Elegy” and others. Each room opens out to a vista at one of the most beautifully landscaped parks in Latvia.
This is an excellent place for a tasty meal, luxurious celebrations, unforgettable wedding parties, jubilant anniversaries, elegant banquets and seminars.
On the third floor of the palace, where the Lievens’ family used to have a nursery and nannies’ rooms, a four – star hotel has been arranged with the furniture and interior of the 19th century. The castle offers its guests three single and eight double rooms as well as five rooms for families of four and three people.
A wonderful view appears through the windows of the hotel rooms upon one of the most beautiful landscape parks in Latvia. The shaping of the park was begun alongside with the building of the palace.
To make the day unforgettable, full of beautiful moments….
Mežotne palace offers several services that are ideal for organizing the stops during the wedding:
- Wedding waltz and champagne at the Hall of the palace Dome or the Column Hall.
- Wedding waltz at the Hall of the palace Dome or the Column Hall, a glass of champagne and snacks in the palace park.
- Wedding waltz in the rooms of the palace, champagne and snacks in either the rooms of the palace or the castle park, theatrical tour led by the courtiers that introduces newlyweds and guests to the history of the Mažotne castle and traditions of the court life.
Each room includes:
A telephone, a satellite TV, wireless connection to the Internet (WI – FI), a bathroom with a shower or a bath, a WC, a hair dryer
All the rooms are non - smoking
For families with little children:
A cot for up to 3 - year - old toddlers, a baby changing table, a baby chair
The hotel rooms of the Mežotne palace include: a parking place, breakfast, Wi – Fi Internet connection, billiard
To make a booking, there are following options:
- Booking via telephone by calling the hotel +371 63960711
- Booking via e-mail by sending your request to email@example.com
Your reservation can be guaranteed by indicating your credit card number or by payment in advance (not later than 24 h before your arrival).
- A non-guaranteed reservation remains valid till 18:00 on the day of your arrival. If the guest fails to arrive until 18:00 the hotel may offer the reserved room to another person.
- The guaranteed reservation may be cancelled until 18:00 on the day of your arrival without any penalties.
- If the guaranteed reservation is cancelled after 18:00 on the expected day of arrival or the guest fails to inform the hotel about the cancellation the hotel is entitled to retain the payment for one night stay in the hotel.
- If you have planned to book more than 10 guest rooms of any class, please call to the hotel +371 63960711 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Group reservations receive lower rates!
FOR LEGAL ENTITIES
- If the reservation is made by a legal entity (company, authority) and it expects that the hotel services would be used from time to time we offer to conclude a special agreement. For detailed information, please, send your e-mail to email@example.com
- Bank transfer
- Credit card (VISA, Maestro Card, MasterCard, American Express)
- Cash (EUR)
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIME
- Check-in from 14:00
- Check-out form 12:00
Please inform us about early check-in or late check-out when making your reservation.
- Early check-in from 8:00, additional payment 22,- EUR
- Late check-out till 18:00, additional payment 30,- EUR
- The hotel offers free of cost parking lot with video surveillance
- Buffet-breakfast in Mežotne palace restaurant
- Breakfast on working days: from 08:00 till 10:00
- Breakfast in your room will be served for an additional payment.
- For children up to 12 years, accommodation in the same room with parents and breakfast is free of charge , not including extra beds
- Free of cost wireless Internet is available in all hotel rooms.
RULES OF INTERNAL ORDER
- Do not cause loud noises and disturb other guests.
- Do not damage hotel inventory. If you see that an item is damaged please inform our reception to avoid any misunderstandings.
- If damages are caused by the guest the guest shall compensate the amount of damages.
- It is not allowed to light candles in the room without prior consent of hotel reception administrator. Do not leave lighted candles unattended. Do not bring inflammable objects or chemicals in the hotel
Mežotnes pils, Mežotnes pagasts, Bauskas novads, LV-3918